Thursday, March 22, 2007

Move with the herd? Or just walk alone?...


IIPM PUBLICATION

Que:
I’ve worked for five years at a very successful company and many exciting challenges lie ahead. But I know that independent contractors employed by my department earn a lot more than I do – in some cases, almost triple. So, I find myself at a crossroads: Should I go out on my own as a “hired gun” or stick it out as a company man? (Name withheld, Dublin, Ireland)

Ans: You hail from one of world’s most robust economies, but your question is universal. It’s the “it” career question of our times – and not just for newly minted college grads or MBAs.

Virtually every businessperson with some form of marketable expertise now has the opportunity to outsource those skills to the growing number of employers attracted by the flexibility of hiring people without “chains.” Indeed, as one such employer told us recently, “Independent contractors make my life so easy. I don’t have to pay their benefits, write their appraisals or manage their neuroses.” Best of all, she added, “If things don’t work out, I don’t have to roll in the muck with HR or legal. I just have to say, ‘So long’.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2007

An
IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

For More IIPM Article, Visit Below....
Why IIPM’s Course is superior to other MBA/BBA Programme
IIPM Best B-School of India
IIPM’s Post Graduate programme
IIPM Organises “CICERO’S CHALLENGE 2006”
IIPM : Campus Placements
Haiti is in France!
IIPM :- 4Ps BUSINESS AND MARKETING
Empty gestures...
Global moves
Without roofs...
Truly Idiot box

No comments: