Sunday, January 09, 2011

I Think I have Matured At 25

Prof Rajita Chaudhuri follow some off-beat trends like organizing make up sessions

Subhash K Jha catches up with Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Mausam'

Sonam Kapoor Sonam Kapooris being pampered no end on location at Edinburgh for 'Mausam'. And it's not just because it was her birthday on Wednesday. While Shahid gets shouted out by dad, Sonam is treated with kid gloves, almost like porcelain. Handle With Care.

When I speak to Sonam, Shahid is teasing her about the preferential treatment from his dad.

She laughs pleasurably, 'I don't know why. I am nurtured, pampered and protected on every set, right from the time I did 'Saawariya' when Sanjay Sir (Bhansali) looked after me like his child. And now I've Pankaj Kapoor ji doing it. Shahid is trying to look happy about my equation with his dad. I guess I am lucky.'

She is all praise for Pankaj Kapoor as a director. 'He's very nurturing and confident. I haven't had this kind of comfort level with anyone except for Sanjay sir. Whe- ther I'm able to deliver or not, you'll have to ask him.'

Sonam, who brought in her 25th birthday in Edinburgh on Wednesday, had the very prankish and spirited Shahid Kapoor for company. But she was missing her sister Rhea badly. This was her first birthday without her sister.

'But what to do?' sighed Sonam with all the maturity of a 25-year-old. 'Rhea had to be in Mumbai. She's supervising the release of our home production 'Aisha'. Rhea is very very hands-on about production details. While I am clueless about behind-the scenes stuff, Rhea knows all the details full-on.'

It was halfway through Sonam's birthday in Edinburgh on Wednesday when Dad arrived from Colombo. She had refused to celebrate with the other members of her 'Mausam' team including her mother until Dad's belated entry. 'He brings his energy and positivity wherever he goes. We partied only when he arrived. He got us into the mood,' says the proud daughter.

Ever Sonam Kapoorsince she has started working, Sonam remembers celebrating her birthdays on the sets of her films. 'I still remember I turned 21 on the sets of 'Saawariya'. I turned 22 on the sets of 'Delhi 6'.' She has worked for three days with Shahid and finds him 'simple and very decent, though he makes fun of me.'

Sonam is not in the least nervous about her two impending back-to-back releases in July and August. 'I was tried and tested in my first film 'Saawariya', so I am not nervous. I've done whatever I could in 'I Hate Luv Storys' and 'Aisha'. Now how well they do is the producers' ' Karan Johar and Dad respectively' look-out. I've to move on. Two releases in a month? I was happy when I had only two releases in two years. I'm happy now when I have two releases in a month. It's a good thing to do your work and let the audience judge you. How they respond is kismet.'

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
IIPM BBA MBA Institute: Student Notice Board
Award Conferred To Irom Chanu Sharmila By IIPM
IIPM Lucknow – News article in Economic Times and Times of India
IIPM Prof Rajita Chaudhuri's Snaps

No comments: