Saturday, October 28, 2006

Forget the US threat to bomb Pakistan, thought in both nations is often back to the Stone Age anyway

IIPM PUBLICATION
Of all international engagements, the one between US President George W. Bush and his Pakistan counterpart Pervez Musharraf is the most entertaining. There is barely a dull day and they can run through a range of emotions from a bear-hug to betrayal in the matter of hours. Over the past few days, they’ve done just that. Consider this exchange after their September summit in the US. First, Bush: “When the President (Mush) looks at me in the eye and says the tribal deal is intended to reject the Talibanisation of the people and that there won’t be a Taliban and there won’t be alQaeda, I believe him.” Then, Mush: “I trust President Bush and I have total confidence in him that he desires well for Pakistan and for our region. And I trust him also that he’s trying to do his best to bring peace to the world. And I trust him also that he’s trying to resolve the core issue of the Palestinian dispute.” Finally, Bush: “This is a person with whom I’ve now had a close working relationship for five-and-a-half years. And when he says, if we find – when we find – Osama bin Laden, he will be brought to justice, I believe him.”

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2006, Arindam Chaudhuri's Initiative

No comments: